Re: Intermittent aspect ratio problem in X 4.1

Tom Zych wrote:

> Oh, thanks!  I didn't look at that, I assumed it would be the same
> as startx's output but there's lots more.  Like the other log, it
> comes out the same whether the aspect ratio is right or wrong.
>
> http://pobox.com/~tz/XFree86.0.log.txt

I can't see anything in there that would explain the problems you are
experiencing. The one thing that struck me as odd was that X is unable to
probe your monitor for any info. I'm surprised your monitor does not support
EDID, it's not very old is it ? You said in your original post the problem is
intermittent, I think you can rule out a problem with your X config. Is it
possible via your monitors controls (on screen display) to reset your monitor
to it's factory default modes. Check your monitor handbook.

--
Simon Hepburn.