Re: package management

On 4/13/02 8:28 AM, "David Wright" <ichbin@shadlen.org> wrote:

> 1) Is there any way to force dpkg to remove as much of a package as it
> can and then liquidate the entry from its database, regardless of
> whatever error codes any scripts return, thus allowing you to start over
> from a pristine pre-install state? Something like
>  dpkg --force-do-it-or-else --remove PackageName

I'm interested in this one myself. It has been several months since I
apt-got-upgraded my Woody machine and attempting to do so has the upgrade
process halted with kde dependency issues that I can't resolve. I'd be
willing to blow away kde and go with gnome - just to get this machine
upgraded.

--
Robert Koss, Ph.D.     | Training, Mentoring, Contract Development
Senior Consultant      | Object Oriented Design, C++, Java