Re: Newbie Install Problems

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> If you can get ahold of a copy of the "Linux Network Administrator's
> Guide" (aka the NAG), it has some really good (if sometimes dated)
> step-by-step directions and explanations of networking issues.  Cable
> largely post-dates it though.  O'Reilly publishes a newer version,
> there's an older one available as a Debian package 'ldp-nag'.

Unless you're on Roadrunner in some backwater market (and to a lesser
degree, Roadrunner in general), you'll find that cable sets up based on
the instructions in the ethernet howto.  No, I will not help you with
Roadrunner specific problems, as they're many and differ wildly by
location.  I know AT&T inside and out, though.

--
Baloo