Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

dman, 2002-Apr-11 12:58 -0500:

> | My company simply says that they just won't support anything but
> | those specified (Outlook and Outlook Express), but I can use
> | anything I want.
>
> This is a reasonable approach.  This allows you to use the best tool
> for the job, but still keeps the help desk's cost down by not
> requiring them to understand it as well.  I don't mind orgs telling me
> they won't support my tools, as long as they don't prevent me from
> using them.  (does my dsl provider know that there has never been a
> windows or mac box connected to it?  not likely.)

Hear-Hear!  It's nice to be able to choose my own tools, and as
long as I can get my work done with them...no problems.

The only time I call IT is when I suspect a problem on the
network or server end (their end).  I try not to mention what
OS/Apps I'm using because they will usually get confused or
clam-up or give-up.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer