Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

begin  Patrick Kirk quotation:
> On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 19:45, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> > Perhaps it's time to start refusing list posts from Outlook Express.
> >
> What gives you the right to decide who is fit to ask for help using
> Debian?

"Perhaps" indicates expression of an opinion.  So I have the exact same
right to express an opinion as do you.

> manly, know more about netiquette or whatever.  Any posts you dislike, I
> strongly suggest you delete. Please help where you can.

What gives you the right to decide what posts I delete?  See, it makes
no sense to take this position, does it?

A flame would have been "throw this idiot off the list".  I didn't say
that.  I expressed an opinion for a discussion topic, related to
management of the list.  If you want to express an opinion on the merits
of the position, go for it.  If you want to cast aspersions of fascism,
save us both the trouble and pipe it to /dev/null.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | Information may want to be free, but fiber
http://www.eiv.com               | optic cable wants to be one million US