Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

Scott Henson wrote:

> Ok thats just not cool.  You dont have to do that.  This is an open
> list. And I believe it is against the inclusive philosophy of the Debian
> project as a whole to exclude someone for such a stupid purpose.

Seconded. This goes totally against the spirit of Debian. It's not hard to
filter this stuff out if you find it irritating. I think the suggestion to
refuse list posts from outlook express is pretty moronic, if it was meant
seriously. It is not an uncommon scenario for enthusiastic debian newbies to
need to post to this list from windows to get help configuring their mail,
before they are even in a position to post from within linux. Let's not put
them off with this elitist bullshit. This list is for both *new* and
experienced users, getting a few unneccessary and stupid emails goes with the
territory.  Posting snide and unhelpful comments in response to this, does
nothing to further our community's reputation.

--
Simon Hepburn.