Re: Backup software and dhcp

on Tue, Apr 09, 2002, Adam craig (adam@aronet.com) wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi.

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

Thank you.

> My first question is what are people using in the way of backup
> software ?  I backup 80 Giga every night to a DLT 7000 and I'm using
> Arcserve from CAI but I don't trust Arcserve 100 % (especially with
> this quantity of data). Any happy/horror stories welcome (I need
> something that can run the library/loader too).

tar.

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/backups.html

amanda is also strongly recommended.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   GNU/Linux web browsing mini review:  Galeon.  Kicks ass.