URGENT "md" question: RAID partitions lack device nodes

Hi there,

I need to operate two disks in RAID1 mode (mirroring.)

I've set up raidtab and constructed the raid (/dev/md0.) I've also partitioned
it using cfdisk:

    md0p5                   Logical   Linux                              100.00*
    md0p6                   Logical   Linux                              768.00
    md0p7                   Logical   Linux                              500.00
    md0p8                   Logical   Linux                             4000.01
    md0p9                   Logical   Linux                            10933.00
    md0p10                  Logical   Linux                             2000.13

HOWEVER I can't mkfs the individual (pseudo) partitions because the device nodes
are missing, and MAKEDEV doesn't know how to create them either.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I'm running kernel 2.4.17 and Debian "testing" (Woody.)

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\