Re: Procmail Rules for Debian lists

on Mon, Apr 08, 2002, Paul Sargent (Paul.Sargent@3dlabs.com) wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I'm getting quite a lot of messages dropping through my procmail rules for
> debian lists. I was wondering if anyone here had a good setup.
>
> The problem seems to be that not all mails from this list get tagged with
> X-Mailing-List which is what I'm checking on.
>
> This is my current rule:
>
> :0:
>
> Any advances?

I run the following, from Nick Moffitt, on my laptop, which has been
sitting in as my primary system for the past couple of months.

This is actually an exerpt of my list processing rules.  It sits
underneath the annoying LookOut tnef crap filter and the 'you meant to
send your unsubscribe request elsewhere' autoresponder, and above a
couple of rules to pick up lists running on dog poor software that
doesn't latch these hooks.

This mostly works, but does occasionally surprise me with new
directories.  Mailman subscription notices are particularly good at
doing that.

    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Mailing list rules (Filched from Nick Moffitt)

    :0:
    * ^Sender: owner-\/[^@<>]+
    $LISTDIR/$MATCH/

    :0: