Re: Was: Unix(LF) files to MSDOS(CRLF) and vice versa

Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:
Hi,

On 9 Apr 2002, Alex Malinovich wrote:

On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 21:42, Daniel Toffetti wrote:

Hi !

How can I use rpl (or any other suitable command) to transform the "\n"
character between Unix and Msdos formats ?? rpl seems to be the right
tool, but I can't figure out how to specify that strings.

flip is your friend:

apt-get install flip

lots of really useful command-line options. (You can even "flip" binary
files if you're so inclined.)

Are similar tools to flip and dos2unix available for converting
Mac-ASCII texts?

recode is a very general character conversion tool.

apt-get install recode

pietro.