Re: Read: ÍøÕ¾±à¼­:ÄúºÃ

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 12:43:44PM -0700, Dave Scott wrote:
| Anyone know where these messages are coming from.

Yes.

| But I didn't send them, although the header says they came from my
| computer.

They did.

| Is Microsoft Outlook the Culprit here.

Yes.

The spammer requested a "read receipt" (I guess that is done with a
certain header).  Your Outlook installation decided it would return a
read receipt to tell the sender you read (or at least clicked on)
their message.  There is a double problem here -- first it is
automatically sending the message; second it sent it to the wrong
address (and third it thinks that message is high priority).  See if
you can turn off that feature of Lookout.  In the meantime, some nice
filters will mask the problem at my end :-).

-D

--

The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.