Re: VoiceIP

Monday, April 08, 2002, 1:22:06 AM, aparra@idecnet.com wrote:

> I need to use a program for ViceIP (Peoplecall) on a Windows inside a
> small private network. I have a Debian with ip masquerade.

>  How to config the debian to make the H323 protocol work???

I know this reply doesn't totally answer your question, but I thought
I'd throw in my two cents.

I use Picophone. A very small, light, and freeware VoiceOverIP (VOIP)
program that uses a standard UDP port. The website is

http://web.tiscali.it/vitez/picophone.html

I read on there (though have *not* verified this through any other
reading) that H323 is not terribly NAT friendly.

Picophone isn't the same as Peoplecall, in that the person you're
calling has to be running Picophone as well. Peoplecall will let you
actually call another mobile or landline.  So if communicating to a
regular phone, through the Internet, is what you're looking for. Sorry,
I can't help.

If talking to someone over the internet where they can run the same
program as you, Picophone may be your answer.

As for the answer to your question initially, did you try

http://www.openh323.org/  ?

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
Confucius say: When lady say yes, she no lady