Re: Trouble getting my screen resolution correct.

> Nothing?  Are you saying that /var/log/XFree86.0.log doesn't exist, or
> that it exists and is a zero-byte file?

Sorry about that.  The file exists.

Actually, I think I was being a bonehead (that's been happening a lot the past
couple of weeks).  It turns out that I didn't have the 75dpi fonts installed,
so it just *looked* like I was getting the 1024x768 resolution, when in fact I
was getting the 1280x1024.

Sorry about the noise.

Thanks for the help.

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli

 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   ||  NO ATTACHMENTS
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL       ||  NO STATIONERY
 / \  AND POSTINGS            ||  NO GRAPHICS