Re: AW: debian on old notebook

I think it's a good idea but you might consider upgrading the
laptop. I bought a 486sx 33Mhz for ~ $30US (200M HDD) a year ago and
ran djgpp on it for a long time (I was on the road a lot). Eventually
I installed a 16MB card, 2.1GB HDD, an ethernet card and linux and now
it's my (test) LDAP Server.

I'm satisfied with it mostly because it's a laptop - that is, I can
take it with me easily. While it's not the quickest machine around,
it's still nice and I consider the $30 I spent on it (and the extras
for upgrades) worth it. When I'm away from my main machines I'm able
to code on it which is pretty nice.

Elizabeth

PS - the upgrades were via eBay.