Thanks to all who helped : Problem solved was: URGENT!Need Help!

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who helped, I've finally switch to another
kernel, and been able to boot normally (my distro is Debian PPC apus)
It doesn't use lilo it uses a bootstrap and a kernel-image, switching
kernels is just booting with another kernel image.

I've still have problems with XFree86-4.1 recognizing my card, I'm not
sure how to use fbdev as the device, and not my card chip's driver a
Virge/DX 's3virge' didn't work.

So I still don't have X, this weird because I had it working when I
used potato and now it doesn't find my card.

Anyway thank you again for your tips.

Regards,

Rick