Re: exim not sending mail

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 06:29:40PM -0700, Joe Heuring wrote:

> I'm not sure what exim is trying to do here.  "joe" is my user name on
> the computer  joeheuring is my email name for cox.net
>
> my /etc/aliases has always read
>
> joeheuring: joe

Hello Joe,

Not an exim expert here by any means, but it's worth checking
/etc/email-addresses.  There's a bit of magic in the REWRITE CONFIGURATION
section of /etc/exim.conf that uses this file.  You should have a line that
associates your local login name with your real email address at your ISP.
In your case it would be something like:

joe: joeheuring@cox.net

or whatever the correct info is in your case.

If this was somehow changed it would break your outgoing mail.

Cordially,
Mark S. Reglewski