Re: Mutt and From: line

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 04:54:36PM -0500, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
| I have been messing with mutt and trying to make it display my name
| currectly for FAR too long, and I have gotten no where.
|
| I have tried every combination of set realname, set from, my_hdr From:
| with every combination of strings I can think of, and I cannot get mutt
| to display my full name in the mutt message list menu. Instead, it just
| displays to address@i_sent_to.com.
|
| What the heck am I doing wrong?

Dunno, I don't see your config :-).

Correct Way #1 :
    .muttrc :
        set realname="dman" from='dman@dman.ddts.net'
        set use_from  # <- This is important!

Correct Way #2 :
    /etc/email-addresses :
        # Note : this is a localuser -> external address mapping
        dman: dsh8290@rit.edu

I'm using the first one now (and no, my username is not a "trusted"
user in exim's eyes).

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.