Re: SOLVED: X broken after sid update, Matrox driver error

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Paul Mackinney wrote:

> Simon Hepburn declaimed:
> > Paul Mackinney wrote:
> >
> > > After apt-get dist-updating to the latest version of sid last night
> > > (approx 2002-04-03 23:00 PST), I can't start X-windows.
> >
> > > Anyone else having problems? Should I report a bug?
> >
> > Well, is this is a matrox bug or an X bug ? I would post to debian-x
> > initially, rather than file a bug report.
> It's a matrox bug... sort of. After remembering that I have a brain, I
> reinstalled the custom beta mga drivers I got from the Matrox website
> and well (blush) all is OK. doh!

Paul:

the only custom drivers i can find on the matrox site have to be compiled
from source along with X and under a 2.4 kernel.

is that the only way to get em??

thanks

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN  (r/h 7.2 krud; debian woody)
PO Box 520

no gates                     .~.
  no windows...              /V\
                            /( )\
running GNU/Linux           ^^-^^  (Linux TM Linus Torvalds)
  free at last!