Make users belong to indivdiual groups.

I have 60-70 users on my system, all have been added with the useradd -m
command, which I realize now made them belong to the same group 'users',
had I used the command adduser instead then they would have ended up
belongig to individual groups, which is what I need...

My problem commes from the fact that the users want to have a dirctory
that they all can read/write in, this I can achieve if I make them all
belong to individual groups, and then make this group a member of another
group that actually owns this shared directory, and then change the umask
to 002 of every user, and possibly put a 3770 on this shared dierectory.

I can to all of this by hand, but I wonder if anyone possibly knows of a
script that could help me out a bit, otherwise I'll have to use the whole
night.

PS  All my users are middle-aged teachers happily embracing linux.

GnuPG v1.0.6 Fingerprint = 67E6 1D18 B2C4 4F8A 3DA3  5C6D 849F 9F5F 26FA 477D
	            Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics