Re: X Forwarding via SSH

Kent West wrote:

Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

See if you have $DISPLAY set on EnJaeLove first, and on westek
after you ssh to it. Also check $XAUTHORITY on westek.

Dima

EnJaeLove[westk]:/home/westk> echo $DISPLAY
:1.0

Sat Apr  6   18:42:35
-----------
EnJaeLove[westk]:/home/westk> ssh -X westek.acu.edu
westk@westek.acu.edu's password:

--------------
westek[westk]:/home/westk> echo $DISPLAY

westek[westk]:/home/westk> echo $XAUTHORITY

westek[westk]:/home/westk>

For comparison, I ssh'd to the Solaris box I mentioned in my first post, and did an "echo $DISPLAY" and got in return:

canaan[westk]:/home/sys/westk> echo $DISPLAY
canaan:10.0

So, for some reason, it seems that my Sid box that I'm ssh'ing into isn't setting my DISPLAY. Why not?

Kent