Re: wipe off hard disk?

hi ya fti

no...  if one wanted to ... you can always recover data from the disk
if you have the time and $$$ ... that you really wanna see whats on it
	- get a sledge hammer to make "glass pieces" for the fun of it..
	and than melt it back to molten glass .. than you are 99%
	sure that data is not recoverable
	( they already snooped your network before you broke the disks )

for ordinary folks... yes... the data is gone once its erased ...

lots of various ways for secure erasing...
	http://www.linux-sec.net/Txt/erase.txt

something simple like:

	while ( 1 ) {
	dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/hdb count=4096
	}
	# let it run overnight...

c ya
alvin