Re: unsubsribe!!!

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 06:36 AM, Karsten M. Self wrote:

	echo "You appear to be sending a subscription, unsubscription, or"; \
	echo "\"help\" message to a mailing list I'm subscribed to.  I am"; \
	echo "not the list manager, just another subscriber."; \

I confess to not knowing procmail (I've always used maildrop or perl), but if that actually does what the echo'd text says it does, you do realize what the results of, for example, a large portion of debian-user running it would be?

About 300 separate copies of that nice note. After the third, it's not so nice a note anymore. After 30 more, I'd start getting ticked. After 300, I'm not quite sure what state I'd be in.

Probably not a good idea.

[ Also, do you have anything in there to prevent mail loops? I notice some Loop header stuff in the comments... ]