Re: Starting pppoe

Bruce W. Bodnyk writes:
> Well my GNU/Linux installation doesn't have an rc.d directory; just a
> bunch of directories named rc0.d, rc1.d, rc2.d, etc. I'm assuming the
> scripts in these directories run as the system is passing through the
> various boot states.

There are no scripts in those directories: just links to scripts in
/etc/init.d.

> So do I simply copy the adsl-start script to one of these
> directories and proceed the name with Sxx?

You would put the script in /etc/init.d and create appropriate links.

> If so, which is the correct rcx.d to put it in and what do I number it?

Did you install rp-pppoe by installing the Debian pppoe package?  If so it
will have installed the proper script in the proper place.  If not, do so.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org