Re: Devel Package Question

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 04:46:26PM -0500, Sunny Dubey wrote:
> heya
>
> I have two questions about devel* packages
>
> First, are only header files included within a devel package?? or is actual
> source in them too??

dev packages contains only header, static library and .so link to
dynamic library.

Source come with the source of the package which is most of the time
composed of a original upstream source tarball, a diff containing the
debian directory and debian modifications to the upstream, and a dsc
file describing the package.

> Secondly, what dictates where these files go??  why are KDE's headers
> directly in /usr/include and yet libkmid's in /usr/include/libkmid ??

I don't know about kde. It is forbidden by my church (gnome).

Christophe