Re: New Install

Irish, Jon D NCCIM wrote:
I am a newbie to Debian, and I am running into a problem with the initial install. I am trying to install on a Compaq Deskpro EN system. This box has an integrated Intel PRO/100 VM nic. Debian does not list this adapter in the install routine. Intel's web site does have Linux drivers for this adapter, but they are non-Debian specific, and un-compiled at that. Being a newbie, I have no idea how to integrate these uncompiled drivers into the debian install. Would someone out there please take pity on me and provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to complete this install?

TIA,
Jon

Not having this NIC, I don't have any first-hand experience, but a quick Google search indicated that the Intel EtherExpress 100 (eepro100) driver may work with this card, although posts from about 15 months ago indicated it was buggy. Still, may be worth a try before doing the compile-it-yourself route.

Kent