Re: Lost addresses or an IMAP type address store question

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> What I'm looking for is the ability to have one address book that works
> regardless of which machine I'm on, just like IMAP does for messages or
> in the Windows world, like Exchange does with its Address Books?

LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) sounds like what you want.
most mail clients support it.  Even exchange can export its' adressbook
in it.

apt-cache search openldap for the Debian packages.  It's not a turnkey
setup so you might have to do some RTFMing.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>