Re: Finding monitor refresh rates? - SOLVED

on Mon, Apr 01, 2002, Anthony Campbell (ac@acampbell.org.uk) wrote:
> On 01 Apr 2002, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I need to find refresh rates for 2 monitors:
> >
> > Panasonic TX14H35ET
> >
> > Hansol Electronic E14AL
> >

> > Any good sites for this?  Google doesn't produce much and the sites
> > in the xfree-common docs don't either.

I'd contact the vendor directly and request they provide the information
both to you specifically and online generally.

> Sorry to follow up to my own post, but I should say that I have now
> got my monitor running again using a combination of vague memory of
> what it should be and guessing.

Knowing the max resolution/refresh capabilities of the monitor will
generally get you by in XFree86v.4.

   $ dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

...will walk you through the setup.  Or you can modify your
/etc/XF68Config-4 file by hand.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/