Re: Galeon problems (unstable)?

%% "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

  kms> Check for any open pages with a Meta-Refresh pragma.  This will
  kms> grab focus from the current text dialog even if you don't loose
  kms> window focus itself.  I've had to tune back a few of our network
  kms> monitoring tools (or access them in a different browser) because
  kms> of aggressive refresh frequencies.

AHA!  Karsten, you're a genius!  It never even occurred to me that it
might be another open page; for some reason I kept thinking it was a WM
issue even though the window itself doesn't lose focus.  Stupid.

But, I'll bet you anything you're right: the Netlock VPN client I was
mentioning brings up a status page after you log in, and it will
automatically refresh itself every so often with new values for number
of packets transmitted, blah blah blah.  I usually just leave that thing
open in another tab in Galeon.  That's certainly one difference between
my home system and work systems: I'm obviously never running the VPN
client on my work systems.  I'll try closing that window after I log in
and see if the problem still occurs.

Still, I wish Mozilla would not lose the focus like this when a refresh
occurs.  That seems like a bug (or at least an enhancement request...)