Re: MPlayer. It works vey well! Thanks. (was: divx and codecs)

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 18:22, Alberto Vecchiato wrote:
> I installed the MPlayer deb packages found at http://www.mplayer.fr.st/
> and at http://marillat.free.fr/, along with the ffmpeg codecs and a bunch
> of other things.  All seem to work very well and the ffmpeg codecs are
> really efficient, fast and give a smooth reproduction even on my laptop.
> The only problem I have is with a divx file with 22050Hz mono audio that
> is not reproduced correctly, but I suspect it is a problem with my audio
> drivers.

for the sound, try switching off esound if its running ('killall esd;
killall -9 esd') or any other sound server, then use the sdl audio
output module from mplayer. something like

mplayer -vo sdl -au sdl -fs file.mpg

sdl can do the on the fly bitrate conversion needed.

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington