Creating local package cache with apt-move

Greetings, all.

I know this is a FAQ, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

So, I'm in the process of upgrading from stable to testing (again---the
first time, somebody crapped on /var/lib/dpkg/available, and I couldn't
repair it.  There was a large chunk missing out of the middle, so far as
I could tell).

So, I dutifully saved all the .deb files I downloaded during the first
attempt, and I used apt-move to move them off to another directory.
I've added the local mirror to sources.list, but neither apt-get nor
dselect appears to see these files.  What step have I missed?

When I do a dselect update or an apt-get update, I see messages that
appear to indicate that it is ignoring the Release file in my local
mirror.  I've rebooted into potato, so I don't have the error message
handy.  In any case, when I install packages that I do have locally,
dselect still downloads them off the 'net.

# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
#deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

deb file:///home/mirrors/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb http://download.sourceforge.net/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb-src http://download.sourceforge.net/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main non-free contrib
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main non-free contrib
#  Configuration file for the apt-move script.
#
#  You should modify the following configuration to suit your system.
#  See the apt-move(8) manpage for information about these settings.
#
#  The defaults for this file are simply the settings I currently use.

# Configuration for apt-move script --------------------------------------

# The sites in ``/etc/apt/sources.list'' that you wish to mirror.
#APTSITES="debian.midco.net non-us.debian.org"
APTSITES="mirrors.kernel.org download.sourceforge.net non-us.debian.org"

# The architectures that your site contain, separated with spaces.
ARCHS="alpha arm hurd-i386 i386 m68k powerpc sparc"

# The absolute path to your debian directory (top of your local mirror).
# This MUST appear as the first entry of your sources.list if you use
# sync or mirror.
LOCALDIR=/home/mirrors/debian

# The distribution you want to mirror (see the apt-move(8) manpage for
# details)
DIST=potato

# The package types you want to mirror.
# Possible values are: binary, source, and both (use only one).
PKGTYPE=binary

# The full (absolute) path to your local cache of package files. The default
# will work for the apt-get packages, unless you've reconfigured apt.
FILECACHE=/var/cache/apt/archives

# The full (absolute) path to your local cache of Packages files.  The
# default will work for the apt-get Packages, unless you've reconfigured apt.
LISTSTATE=/var/lib/apt/lists

# Do you want apt-move to delete obsolete files from your mirror? (yes/no)
DELETE=no

# Maximum percentage of files to delete during a normal run.
MAXDELETE=20

# Only move packages if its version matches "exactly" with the master files.
# (yes/no)
STRICTMOVE=no

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks,