OT: Netzero (was Re: I want a linux internet connection going thru a win98 box:how??)

* tony brito (britotony@yahoo.com) [020323 22:14]:
> Hello I  am a new linux user
>
> I use netzero as my ISP and pay 9.95 per month!
> netzero is installed on my win98 box.
> I use a modem for dial-up service to netzero.

Last I heard (it has been a while so they may have changed their system)
the netzero client worked by sending a hash of your username and
password through the regular windows dialup infrastructure. A user could
enable dialup logging to see what username and password were being sent
to establish the PPP connection, then use those values on any machine
(put them in a regular windows dialup connection to use netzero sans
ads, or in your ppp chat script on your linux machine).

Once you've gotten your username and password and need help setting up
PPP, iptables, and/or DHCP, then maybe this discussion will get back
on-topic =)

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml