Re: Swap files on Reiserfs

On 03/27 10:25 Crispin Wellington wrote:
It may be the way reiserfs sync's data to the disk. In order for
reiserfs to squeeze the performance it does out of the filesystem, it
may be taking shortcuts that the kernel doesn't like.

I see...

By crash you mean panic?

Yes. The machine can be pinged, but it stops working (all daemons died).

Maybe try installing ksymops into the kernel

I did. But try as I might, I couldn't decipher what it said.

see whats going on and then reporting to the linux-kernel ml?

You mean linux-kernel@lists.debian.org?

Oki