Re: I want a linux internet connection going thru a win98 box:how??

Internet connection sharing on Win 98, huh? I had
networking running between a linux box, a win 98 box,
and a wind 98 box that talks to my ISP.

I installed internet connection sharing, and the network
disappeared from my network neighborhood on the windows 98
machine that is connected to the ISP, and from the network
neighborhood of the other windows machines on the network.
I cannot get to the ISP machine from the linux box, either.

If you are still running windows 98, install linux unless
you have truly compelling reasons for keeping windows.
I am being paid to do so, so I keep both Linux Woody, Windows
2000 and and XP running.

My fix for this will be to install the ISP on the XP box, and
use internet connection sharing there. The old windows 98 box
will become a printer server with Samba.

BTW If you know how to make the windows 98 2nd edition
Internet connetion sharing work in less time that an XP
installation, I'd like to do that. I just dont' have the
time to make the installantion right now.

--David