debian & opennms ???

I have several debian potatoes and I want to run opennms on one of them.

Folks at opennms tell me: ``The biggest barrier to it at this point is
tomcat4 for debian. There are no official packages for it (only the
library portion), and our current probably does not work with the
servlet 2.2 spec (and our auth code is tomcat4 specific, although it's a
very small part of the servlet code).''

[1] Anybody here have this running?  Is it reliable?  What problems have
you encountered?

[2] What are the debian-related issues with tomcat4?  What issues are
there in installing from source?

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .