Re: mutt send folder from field not to field

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:51:37PM -0600, Larry Holish wrote:
| On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 07:49:25PM -0500, Jason M. Harvey wrote:
| > hello,
| >
| > i've just noticed something weird, i use mutt, and fcc to sent. when i
| > view the sent folder, it lists every message as "Jason M. Harvey" (the
| > From: field) and not the To" field. i've read the man pages, and i'm not
| > quite sure what option would change the index in that folder, or which
| > format i would need to specify... but also, i haven't changed my .muttrc
| > in a long time, and i know it wasn't always like this...
| >
| > any ideas?
|
| Here is the relevant part of my .muttrc.  It will show To: instead of
| From: in this mailbox only, which I call outbox instead of sent.
|
| set record=+outbox		# default location to save outgoing mail
| folder-hook =outbox 'set index_format="%4C %Z %{%m/%d} %-20.20t (%4c) %s"'
|
| HTH,
| --
| Larry Holish
| <ljholish@speakeasy.net>

hi larry,

thanks! that worked. the only problem i had with that was (which i
fixed):

whenever i changed to the sent folder, and the index displayed the To,
and then i changed to any other folder, it didn't go back to showing the
From. i even used the folder-hook option.

i then added another folder-hook option with "." as the folder, to
display the index with the From, and all the folders now work correctly!

thanks again,
jason

| http://theigloo.dhs.org:81  | http://counter.li.org/        |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody  | 2.4.16-k6                     |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org      | registered linux user #202942 |