Re: two printcap entries for the same printer?

also sprach andrej hocevar <ah@siol.net> [2002.03.27.1112 +0100]:
> Can I have more entries in my /etc/printcap for one printer? I
> wanted to be able to chose which filter to use for a certain job --
> so I simply added one more entry with a different spool directory
> and a different magicfilter. Unfortunately, it didn't work; is it
> only because I've overlooked a detail or because it simply cannot
> work like that?

it would help to see the printcap file. you can have as many entries
per printer as you wish, as long as they are named differently...

> echo $(girl_name) > /etc/dumpdates

that's one way...

"even if you persuade me, you won't persuade me."
                                                       -- aristophanes