Domains/trusts

First, the situation.

Facts:
We have an office in the US running an NT-based network with a few linux stations. We have an office in Russia, where they have a peer-to-peer network - all windows based OSs.

Goal:
We wish to create a WAN through a VPN.

Concerns:
HOWEVER. I am about to let them gain access to our network without authentication. If we had 2 NT-based networks with domain structures, then I would simply create the necessary trust relations between our domains and that's it.

But, whereas our office is slowly migrating to Linux and whereas the Russian office does not have an NT server, I was wondering what the optimal Linux solution would be. In this scenario, please make suggestions with or without any consideration of our NT-based network.

I would really appreciate comments.

Thanks,

Curtis