Re: apache and zope

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 09:01:49AM -0500, Rick Pasotto wrote:
| I've read all the howto's and I can't get it to work. What silly thing
| have I overlooked?
|
| I'm running debian testing.
|
| httpd.conf has:
|
| ---- begin httpd.conf extract ----
[snipped]
| ---- end httpd.conf extract ----

I don't recognize anything in your config, and I'm no apache expert.
The READMEs I read said to to this, and it works for me :

~~~~~~~~~~ httpd.conf
####
#### This is to run Zope within Apache
####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
    RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</IfModule>
####
####
####

I have ZServer running.  I'd like to get the pcgi to work without
ZServer running (or to have ZServer serve plain files like apache
does), but since it's behind a firewall it isn't a big deal.
Supposedly if you follow the instructions in the comments in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope it will work, but it didn't for me.

Note, too, that the rewrite rule requires a prefix of /Zope/ in front
of the zope path.  If you try to access http://host/Zope you get a
404.

HTH,
-D

--

But As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
        Joshua 24:15