OT: Just a plug for Debian

I went to SANS about six months ago, and I just now found some notes I took while there. Found an interesting note, and thought I'd share it with other Debian users.

Sunday

No breakfast. First half of class was techniques for locking down Linux. The instructor obviously wasn't familiar with Debian, and geared his talk toward Redhat. For two and a half hours I sat there thinking, "Man, he's putting up with a lot of hassle; I'm glad I use Debian." The hardening techniques he described were pretty much the default for Debian, and he made a big deal about keeping up on security patches, and had 7 or 8 pages on how to do this, four or five of which could be replaced in Debian with the single line: "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade".