Re: agpgart: memory for AGP (i810 chipset).

Em 25 Mar 2002, Vaclav Hula escreveu:

>On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 01:38:49AM -0300, Gustavo Sales wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a i810 card and use Debian GNU?linux Potato with kernel
>2.4.x(agpgart
>> module compiled) and XFree86 4.2. When I try to start the X I receive a
>> message like this: Less than 6MB AGP memory. In var/log/message I see
>that
>> agpgart reserves 3MB for AGP memory, and cause this, I think that
>problem is
>> the agpgart...Is there a way to increase the memry reserved by agpgart?
>Is
>> there a parameter to compile the agpgart module with kernel tah set the
>> memory for AGP?
>
>Just put line VideoRam into 'Device' section in your
>/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
>
>Example:
>
>Section "Device"
> Identifier "main_graphics_card"
> Driver "i810"
> VideoRam 16000
>EndSection
>
>Ax
By default the VideoRam parameter for i810 in XF86Config is 8MB, but in my
config file I set it to 4096 (4MB) and in booth cases(default and my
configuration) the X don´t initialize. For this I think that isn´t the
problem. In my concep the problem is in agpgart module...but I can be wrong.

Thanx Ax,

If someone have another idea wite, please, my freedom depends this.

Gustavo Sales