Woody upgrade and DNS issues

I just installed a fresh woody server that was originally a potato. I performed a completely fresh install and now am having some goofy DNS issues.

Whenever I have apache's HostNameLookup on set, pages on the server seem to take forever to load. If I change the above to off, it works great. I also have a few PHP scripts that use gethostbyaddr() and it takes forever there as well.

I also tried installing some of the programs in dnsutils, and if I use "host" i cannot get any responses. Below is the output of my DSL IP, and I know it is active...

host 151.201.150.184

I have tried it with using bind as my own DNS server, as well as my ISP's provided server. Both had the same results. Any ideas?