Re: still stuck and no gnome anymore

On 24 Mar 2002, Glyn Millington wrote:

> Are  you still lost or have you cracked it?

still there... see my other post to bryan headley

> Forgive me - I've cleared out the earlier posts!  What exactly do you get
> when you try to start X  ?  Do you have an .xinitrc or an .xsession file
> in your home directory and would you mind posting it?
bilbo:~> cat .xinitrc
# Enlightenment inserted Execution string here
exec /usr/bin/enlightenment
bilbo:~> cat .xsession
# Enlightenment inserted Execution string here
exec /usr/bin/enlightenment

odd... i used to have sawfish running fine.

> You appear to be mixing Debian and Ximian components in your Gnome setup
> - maybe someone else here knows if that is A Good Thing (TM)?

a friend had me include ximian in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main
(i don't believe they have a 'testing')

i know that he is successfully running ximian on his woody.

thanks so much

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN  (r/h 7.2 krud; debian woody+ximian)
PO Box 520

no gates                     .~.
  no windows...              /V\
                            /( )\
running GNU/Linux           ^^-^^  (Linux TM Linus Torvalds)
  free at last!