Re: Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 PCI Adapter Card

Thanks to Alvin for the advice about the ata/133 ide patch.  I guess I
will need to:

   1. cable the disc initially to the primary IDE controller

   2. install Linux

   3. download the ata/133 ide patch

   4. rebuild the kernel with the patch

   5. recable the disc to the adapter card

     Is there a simpler procedure?

     By the way, does anyone know how to figure out if a given patch is
incorporated in a given version of the kernel and exactly what version
of the kernel is included with, say, Debian "testing" (now "woody") on a
given date?

Thanks again,
Leonard