Re: login via serial console

At 11:31 PM 3/24/2002, you wrote:
On 03/25 09:02 Jason M. Harvey wrote:
hello,
i have two woody boxes at home. each of them can connect to a router
via
serial cable at 9600 baud (8N1). i thought that by running the serial
cable from one to the other i would be greeted by a login screen, but
wasn't. i haven't set up any thing out-of-the-ordinary to allow login
on
the serial port, i just thought it would work. any thoughts on what i
need to do?

I think you weren't so clear about what you wanted...
Anyway, you have a router, in which it connects to the Internet, and you have two woody boxes you'd like to connect from outside, correct? I think you'd need to have PPP running on your woodies, and your router needs it too.

I think he means that he would like to control the router serial port with a woody box via a serial cable, instead of using something like 'doze HyperTerminal...