Tuxracer problems

Hi,

I am currently running woody on my Celeron 400MHz box with Matrox G200
video card. My display defaults to a depth of 16. If I run tuxracer in
this mode, the backgrounds (textures) are not drawn properly. What I see
are smudges on the screen. But, tux races neatly. If I shift to a depth
of 24, everything is fine, but speed is so low, that I cannot even move
the mouse. Can I run this program at 16bpp with proper rendering or
should I upgrade my videocard/cpu? :-(

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                mas at uomphysics dot net

System checkpoint complete.