Re: Netzero, Linux and NAT

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 10:42:29PM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
| First, shorten your subject line.  I've done this for you.  You're more
| likely to get a response with a concise subject header.
|
| On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, tony brito wrote:
|
| > I use netzero as my ISP and pay 9.95 per month!
| > netzero is installed on my win98 box.
| > I use a modem for dial-up service to netzero.
|
| Does NetZero require a special client, or is it just standard PPP?

<<-- snip -->>

last i checked, a few months ago, netzero said they have been working on
a linux client... for a very long time! netzero uses it's onw software
to dial, since it has a "banner window" that runs constatly with ads...
well, at least on the "free version" of nz... for the one you pay for,
i'm not sure... although i saw a comercial for nz/juno on tv, they no
longer mention the free version at all!

take care,
jason

| http://theigloo.dhs.org:81  | http://counter.li.org/        |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody  | 2.4.16-k6                     |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org      | registered linux user #202942 |