Re: Disabling X from starting up

Ummmm, no.  Debian doesn't work that way.  Are you sure you are on the
right list?  Anyways, the easiest way to disable graphical login
(regardless of which dispaly manager you have installed) without
actually uninstalling it is to edit /etc/X11/default-display-manager,
and just comment out the one line in there (this is assuming a woody
system, I haven't looked at potato in well over a year).

Cheers,
Caleb