Re: checkpoint fw1 on debian
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: checkpoint fw1 on debian
- From: Robert Waldner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:16:40 +0100
- Message-id: <200203221416.g2MEGebd013367@localhost>
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:07:07 CST." <81070896086202499A8EC09CBCC4F5F511168D@DC2-MSG1>
(first of all: please learn how to quote properly, http://got.to/quote
and/or http://learn.to/quote are reasonable starting points)
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:07:07 CST, "Ronneil Camara" writes:
>Ok. I've finally setup my debian.
>I got one question though. I have with me a SP5 and the command on =
>redhat to install
>it is rpm -i --replacefiles something*.rpm
>What would this be in alien?
I guess you haven't read the steps very thoroughly, have you? I'll
simply quote myself:
>> For service packs unpack the the .tar.gz, you should now have
>> the .rpm.
>> # alien -g CPfw*rpm
>> # cd cpfw*/debian
>> # vi control
>> Source: cpfw1-spX
>> Package: cpfw1-spX
>> Depends: cpfw1 (=41-1)
>> # vi changelog
>> edit packet-names to cpfw1-spX here, too.
>> # cd ..
>> # dpkg-buildpackage
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer | CoreTec IT-Security \
\ <email@example.com> | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /