Re: Almost there!

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Bruner" <jbruner@ticon.net>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 4:54 AM
Subject: Almost there!

> Hi,
>
> I have received help getting this far, but now am stuck.
>
> On my Mac IIfx, I can get to the configuration screen. I tell the
> installer which keyboard I have. The next thing the installer wants to
> do is partition the Hard drive. I select that option. When the screen
> changes, I lose approximately 4 characters on the left side of my
> screen.
>
> The entire screen is visible up to that point. With those characters
> missing, I cannot choose the commands necessary to partition the
drive.

> I believe I am using "woody". One of the initial screens says: Debian
> GNU Linux 3.0

Hi John,

Dont know what kind of monitor you have but you can usually just fiddle
with the monitor controls to move the display to be able to see the rest
of the screen.

HTH,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            23 McDonald Road        Tel: (0131) 558 9990
Email: shri@urbyte.com     Edinburgh EH7 4LX       Web: www.urbyte.com