Re: cd writer setup questions (SONY CRX175A2)

Tim Dijkstra wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:53:19 -0800
> "Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> >
> >   I tried to use the SCSI emulation but cannot find the docs how to do
> > it, I enabled the drivers, the kernel help mentions that there has to be
> > a kernel option hdc=scsi, but when I included this option in lilo (in
> > append) it errored out.
> >
> >   line from /etc/lilo.conf
> >
> > append  = "hdc=scsi"
> >
> I think it has to be:
>
> append = "hdc=ide-scsi"
>
> Hope that helps a bit,

  thanks, it helps a bit (the drive doesn't work anyway though, it
always says there's no media, both under linux and windows)

  where did you find this information? I've read the howtos (cd writing
and cd rom, the help in linux kernel says hdc=scsi (I guess I should
file a bug)...

	erik